The postnatal period is the 6 weeks following birth, during which various changes that occurred to your body during pregnancy revert to the normal state. This includes various physiological changes to your body. During your postnatal care:
- You will be offered information to help you to efficiently maintain your own and your baby’s health and well-being and to identify and remedy any possible complications.
- You will be encouraged to breastfeed your child and be given helpful and informative resources on the process.
- At each postnatal session, the doctor will ask you about your emotional state, your support system and your daily management strategies for all day-to-day matters.
- Your doctor will encourage you and your spouse to share information about your changes in mood, emotions and behavior that seem out of the ordinary.
- Your baby will be scheduled to see one of our Pediatricians and you and your spouse will be given information regarding your baby’s general health and instructions on how to correctly assess your baby’s health, and identify any common health problems in babies.
- Over the duration of your postnatal care, you will be encouraged to ask any questions you may have, and to contact your doctor or the hospital with any emergencies, should they occur.
Doctors practicing in Obstetrics & Gynecology, Minimally Invasive Gynecology Surgery, Maternal-Fetal Medicine
This service is available at these clinics
Danat Al Emarat Hospital
Abu Dhabi Gate City، Abu Dhabi