If you are visiting us from outside the UAE for medical treatment purposes, our dedicated international patients’ affairs ambassadors will help you find the right doctor and suitable timing for your visit.
Looking for the best medical services away from home can be difficult for patients and their families; our team can coordinate and guide you through every step of your patient journey when seeking treatment within our group.
To get in touch with our International Patients Affairs Ambassadors:
Direct Line: +971 2 419 4866
WhatsApp (Arabic): +971 58 100 4078
WhatsApp (English): +971 58 100 4210
Doctor’s medical stethoscope over healthcheck. Medical concept tourism travel care diseases healthy, close-up. Selective focus
Abu Dhabi’s Medical Tourism
The Department of Health (DOH), in collaboration with Department of Tourism and Culture (DTC) have built a network of service providers with a comprehensive system to attract and meet international patient requirements utilizing existing local medical expertise in Abu Dhabiwhich we are members at to promote Abu Dhabi Medical Tourism.
We see international patients in most of our specialties such as fetal medicine, pediatric surgery, minimally invasive gynecology surgery, plastic surgery, bariatric surgery, dermatology and others.
To learn more, visit www.health.abudhabi.ae
Danat Al Emarat greatly values our patients’ and visitors’ feedback. Keeping our patients’ experience positive and memorable is our aim. We believe that feedback connects us closer to our patients’ hearts.
The dedicated team of Patient Experience Ambassadors ensures feedback are reviewed, acted upon and utilized for ongoing improvement to enhance our patient experience.
Below are a few of the testimonials that patients have shared with us following treatment at our facilities. We invite you to submit your own testimonial or thank you message to firstname.lastname@example.org
Infection Prevention & Control
- We continue to monitor the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and to proactively ensure that our patients and workforce remain safe and protected.
- To ensure the safety of all patients, visitors and staff Danat Al Emarat requires everyone attending the hospital or its clinics to comply with the infection control policies to reduce the risk of virus transmission.
- To guide you, patient and visitor information is clearly displayed at the entrance of the hospital and clinic, you are required to follow these guidance for your protection and the protection of others.
Medical Record Collection
- As a general practice, we do not release medical records via electronic means such as e-mail or fax. In the event that medical records are emailed these will only be sent to the email address held by the hospital with the patient’s registration details.
- If you want to collect your medical record, you need to sign the release request form.
- Alternatively, you can authorize a friend or relative to pick the records up by giving them an authorization letter. The person picking up the medical records needs to provide a copy of their id as well as a copy of your id, together with the authorization letter. We can hand over your medical records either in hard copy or on a CD at your discretion.
Patients’ Rights and Responsibilities
As a patient, you have a responsibility:
- To bring your insurance card with you when you’re attending a healthcare facility.
- To follow the given rules and regulations of our healthcare facility.
- Follow the treatment plan as outlined by the assigned healthcare professional.
- Ask any questions if you are not clear about any aspect of your healthcare.
- To consider the rights and responsibilities of other patients and healthcare professionals.
- Not to use abusive language or display unsociable behavior towards other patients, visitors or staff.
- To show consideration for the needs of others at all times.
- To only use emergency services in the case of urgent problems or when you are unable to use other health services.
- To give accurate information – personal details, medical history, the medication you are currently receiving and history of allergies or sensitivity to certain medication.
- Be liable for your own actions if you do not to follow the advice, instructions and/or treatment plan and recommendations.
- To safeguard and be responsible for the safety of your belongings whilst receiving any healthcare treatment.
- To keep appointments and inform the staff if you are unable to attend so the time can be assigned to other patients.
- To inform the staff if you have any special needs for effective discharge from a hospital or clinic. You are expected to begin preparations for discharge to the best of your ability as soon as you are medically fit.
- To be accountable for payment of any deductible or medical service excluded from the insurance scheme provided by the practitioner/facility.
As a patient, you have the right to:
- Be treated to the highest professional standards by appropriately licensed, qualified and experienced practitioners in a fully licensed and approved facility.
- Be involved in any decision-making about your treatment and care.
- Carry out communication in your native language or through the services of an interpreter.
- Refuse or accept treatment based on personal decision/preference.
- Have access to your medical records and expect those records to be up-to-date and accurate.
- Receive information on admission regarding the health care facilities regulations and relevant policies.
- Reasonable safety in relation to the healthcare facility environment and practices.
- Seek a second opinion if you so choose.
- Privacy, both of person and information.
- Be informed regarding any uncovered costs and expenses prior to making decisions.
- Receive treatment in an emergency situation, regardless of the status of your insurance card.
- Receive information on how to make a complaint to the healthcare facility if unhappy about the lack of adherence to the stated regarding their rights, medical examination or treatment, the behavior of the staff or healthcare facility safety standards.
We want to create an ideal healing environment for you and your children at Danat Al Emarat. The following guidelines will help us ensure that your stay or visit is comfortable.
1. No smoking policy
Smoking is not allowed inside the hospital. If you would like to smoke, you may use the designated smoking areas outside the building.
2. Valet & Parking Services
Although there is ample parking space available for you and your visitors, for added convenience, we also offer valet services.
3. Child car seat policy
For the safety of your newborn baby, we strongly encourage you to have a child safety seat fitted in your car. You can purchase one from the hospital pharmacy or rent one from us.
4. Birth companion (Doula)
We observe a strict policy for your safety, so only one guest is allowed to assist the mother while in labor. No exceptions are made. During the COVID-19 pandemic all companions must present a negative COVID-19 test result.
5. Overnight stay
We recognize the comfort of having a loved one by your side while you slumber, so we have a varied range of rooms designed for you:
Regular & VIP Single Rooms – One guest is allowed to stay overnight for patients residing in single rooms. This overnight stay will be charged separately.
VIP Suites:Two guests are allowed for patients residing in the VIP or Royal suites.
Golden Pearl Suite:Three guests are allowed for patients residing in the Presidential suite.
6. Guest Visiting Hours
Our visiting hours extend from 10 am to 11 pm. For more information, please contact the front desk at Danat Al Emarat Hospital or click here to contact us.
7. ICU Guest Visiting Hours
For ICU, NICU and PICU, visitors will be restricted to 2 at any one time. Children will not be permitted to enter these areas for concerns about infection. We will allow this only if the patient is in a critical state. However, strict infection control is adopted.
8. Outside Food & Beverages
Outside food is strongly discouraged to be brought in as this may interfere with the patient’s dietary program. Our kitchen is equipped to provide to our patient’s and visitors every need.
For the comfort of our guests, we embrace a calm and serene atmosphere. We, therefore, encourage our guests and families to be considerate towards other patients around.