- Internal Medicine
- Diabetes & Endocrinology
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Pain Management Clinic
- Breast Imaging & Diagnostics
- Family Medicine
- Otolaryngology (ENT)
- Allergy & Immunology
- Community Health Programs
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
Dietetics is the science of human nutrition with the goal of promoting, maintaining and improving health. This is for your basic well-being as well as being a preventative measure for all nutrition-related diseases. Nutrition is the most important factor in your health and is something you control daily. With the help of our specialists, you can ensure that your body is at its healthiest by knowing what nutrition to provide it with as well as controlling all possibilities of malnutrition, deficiencies, and diseases.
What do our dietitians do?
Our expert dietitians understand that your diet and nutrition are the most important factor in determining your health. They assess, diagnose and treat dietary and nutritional problems and also advise you on what your diet should be to prevent any future problems and keep you at your healthiest.
They also work very closely with our bariatric surgeons to asses and help patients before and after undergoing bariatric (weight-loss) surgeries.
The team also looks after our inpatient food items, offering several patient menus including the standard menu, soft diet menu, low-sugar menu for patients with diabetes, and a child-centric menu for our pediatric inpatients. The team also manages the hospital cafeteria making sure healthy options are available at all times.
Our dietitians ensure that they are up to date with all health and scientific research on food, health and disease to provide you with the best information on how to make appropriate lifestyle and food choices.
Why should you see a dietitian?
To ensure that you are living a healthy life and have the diet that is best for you and your condition, you can make an appointment with one of our dietitians. They will help you improve your health and eating habits. Seeing a dietitian is highly recommended if:
- You are suffering from digestive problems
- You have a medical condition that needs particular attention to diet and lifestyle, such as high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, coeliac, etc.
- You have specialized nutritional requirements
- Your child has specialized nutritional requirements
- You need or want to lose weight in a monitored, healthy way
- You need or want to gain weight in a monitored, healthy way
- You are considering surgical methods of losing weight (Bariatric Surgery)
- You need information and advice about breastfeeding or weaning
- You want to learn about the healthy way of increasing your chances of becoming pregnant
- You have an intolerance or allergic reaction to specific foods
- You have an eating disorder or believe you are suffering from malnutrition
This service is available at these clinics
Danat Al Emarat Hospital
Abu Dhabi Gate City، Abu Dhabi